BANGOR FOOTBALL CLUB DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL CLUB
RULES AND CONSTITUTION
NAME & OBJECTIVES
1. The name of the Club shall be BANGOR FOOTBALL CLUB DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL CLUB.
2. The address of the Club shall be Clandeboye Park, Clandeboye Road, Bangor or at such other place or places that the Management Committee shall from time to time decide.
3. The objects of the Club shall be:-
(a) To promote and encourage mutual understanding, co-operative effort and friendly social intercourse among football supporters in general and the supporters of Bangor Football Club in general.
(b) To promote and encourage interest in sport, particularly Association Football and to organise recreational facilities, entertainments, functions, sports, meetings, lectures, films and all other activities as the Management Committee may decide on behalf of the members.
(c) To supply food and refreshments to members and other visitors and generally to afford the members all privileges and the advantages of a Club.
(d) To raise money by all legitimate means to meet and defray the expenses in the running of Bangor Football Club and the building of stands etc, and the maintenance of Bangor Football Grounds.
(e) To borrow, raise or secure money for the purposes of the Club from any person or body or corporation in such amounts and on such terms as to repayment security and interest as the Management Committee shall decide and to become surety for and render financial assistance to any other club body or company having objects similar to those of the Club and in particular Bangor Football Club.
4. Election for membership shall be by ballot of the Management Committee and shall take place at the first monthly Committee meeting after all formalities in Rule 5 have been complied with. The Management Committee may cancel election of any member within 30 days of the payment of his subscription and shall not be required to give any reason for so doing and in the event of such cancellation, the member’s subscription shall be returned in full. Membership in the first instance shall be for a probationary period of the first 30 days of membership. No person under the age of 18 shall be admitted to membership of the Club.
5. Application for membership shall be made on the form provided and must be accompanied by the appropriate subscription. The name of the person applying for membership shall be displayed on the Club notice board for at least 10 days before the member’s election and an interval of not less that 2 weeks shall elapse between nomination and election of members. If persons, other than temporary members, are elected as members by a procedure which does not comply with this paragraph, they shall not be admitted to privileges of membership until the expiration of a period of at least two days from their election. Persons shall not be admitted in such numbers to membership not carrying rights of voting in relation to the affairs of the Club as will result in the number of members not having such rights being more than three times the number of members having such rights. No persons shall be allowed to become honorary or temporary members of the Club or be relieved of the payment of the regular entrance fee or subscription except those certain qualifications defined in these Rules and subject to conditions and regulations specified in these Rules.
6. All members shall be elected by the Management Committee and upon election of any person a member, he shall be issued with a copy of the Rules and a Member’s Card which shall bear on the face of it the period for which it is issued and the member’s name and it shall not be transferred or lent by the member to any other person. No member shall be absolved from the effects of these Rules and Regulations on the ground of not having received a copy thereof. The Management Committee reserve the right to expel or suspend such a member found guilty of violating this Rule. All members shall carry their membership card while on the premises of the Club. An alphabetical list of names and addresses of every official and member of the Club shall be kept on the premises of the Club.
7. The Annual subscription shall be determined by the Management Committee and all annual subscriptions except the first subscription of a new member shall be due on the first day of April in each year. If any member shall fail to pay his subscription for the current year before the first day of May, he shall cease to be a member of the Club unless a satisfactory explanation for the default is given to the Manage Committee.
8. Any member intending to resign his membership of the Club shall signify his wish in writing to the Secretary on or before the first day of April in any year, otherwise he shall be liable to pay his subscription for the ensuing year.
9. If the conduct of any member either within or without the Club premises shall be in the opinion of the Management Committee be injurious to the character and interest of the Club, the Management Committee shall call to his attention to such conduct and if necessary request him to resign. If the member so requested shall not within 7 days of receiving such a request, resign, such member shall thereupon cease to be a member of the Club. The decision of the Management Committee under this Rule shall be final and without appeal.
10. Any member who has been expelled under Rules 6 and 9 shall be ineligible to become a visitor or guest of the Club.
11. The Management Committee have exclusive control and management over the affairs of the Club and, save as hereinafter provided, the members of the Club in General Meeting or acting otherwise that through the Management Committee shall have no powers or functions whatsoever.
12. The Management Committee shall consist of twelve members, six of whom shall be elected by the General Body of Members and six from Bangor Football Club. At each General Meeting the six from the Social Club must present themselves for re-election every year. The Management Committee shall elect from amongst its members a Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary. The Management Committee shall have the power to employ a Management Secretary and shall pay him such a salary as they consider expedient and in accordance with his qualifications for the position.
13. The Management Committee shall have the power to make from time to time such Bye-Laws and Regulations (consistent with these General Rules), as they may think necessary for the well being of the Club and have the power to appoint Sub-Committees for specified functions.
14. The quorum for all Management Committee meetings shall be 5 except where otherwise required by these Rules.
15. The Management Committee shall meet once per month or more frequently if required, and shall have the power to co-opt a member of the Club to any vacancy or vacancies occurring on the Management Committee. So co-opted shall serve for the remainder of the period of the member in whose place he shall have been co-opted.
16. The office of a member of the Management Committee must be vacated if the member:
(a) Is adjudged a bankrupt, or
(b) Becomes of unsound mind, or
(c) Resigns his office by notice in writing to the Management Committee held during that period, or
(d) Is more than three months absent without permission of the Management Committee from meetings of the Management Committee, or
(e) In the case of a member who was elected by virtue of his being a Director of the Bangor Football Club ceases to be such a Director.
17. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in June each year for the following purposes:
(a) To receive the report of the Management Committee.
(b) To receive a Statement of Account and report of the Auditor.
(c) To elect members to the Management Committee.
18. Any Member desirous of proposing another for election as a member of the Management Committee at the Annual General Meeting shall give notice in writing to the Secretary 7 days before the date of such meeting and the Secretary shall forthwith post on the Club notice board the name of the person so proposed and the names of the proposer and seconder.
19. A minimum of 20% of the members of the Club may call a Special General meeting at any time to consider any matter of general importance and interest for the purpose of making recommendations to the Management Committee. No other business shall be transacted at such meetings other than that of which notice has been given.
20. Notice convening the Annual General Meeting shall be sent to all members who have renewed their membership by the 1st May at least 10 days before the meeting and shall also be exhibited on the Club notice board for the same time.
21. At all General Meetings the Chairman or failing him, a member of the Management Committee shall take the chair. Every member present shall have one vote and in the case of equality of votes, the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote. Every question before the General Meeting shall be decided by a majority of those present except where it is otherwise provided for by these Rules.
22. No member of the Committee and no manager employed in the Club, shall have any personal interest in the supply of intoxicating liquor, refreshments, meals, cigarettes, etc, in the Club or in the profits arising from such supply. It is an expressed condition of the election of any member that the net profits arising from such sources or in the general running of the Club should be devoted to the object set out in Rule 3 d/e hereof and for no other purpose whatsoever. No person shall be paid at the expense of the Club any commission, percentage or similar payment on or with reference to purchases of intoxicating liquor by the Club. No person shall, directly or indirectly derive any pecuniary benefit from the supply of intoxicating liquor by or on behalf of the Club or members or guests, apart from any benefit accruing to the Club as a whole.
23. The quorum at all General Meetings shall be Twenty-five.
24. Proper Accounts and Books shall be kept showing the financial affairs and receipts and disbursements of the Club.
25. The financial year of the Club shall end on the 31st March in each year to which day the accounts of the Club shall be balanced.
26. An abstract of the Accounts of the Club together with the Auditors Report shall be placed on the Club notice board at least 7 days before the Annual General Meeting.
27. The Club premises shall be open to members between such hours as the Management Committee may determine and the Management Committee are empowered to close the Club premises for such times as they may deem necessary.
28. The Club premises shall not be used for gambling or any unlawful games.
29. No member shall give the name of the Club in any advertisement or use the address of the Club for any business.
30. The charges made for meals, cigarettes, refreshments, etc, shall be fixed by the Management Committee.
31. Members shall be at liberty to introduce their friends as guests provided that the member shall immediately on the admission of his guest to the Club premises, enter his name and address and the name and address of his guest in a book which shall be kept for that purpose and which will show the date of each visit. No person may be introduced as a visitor or guest n=more than 12 times in any one year and a member may not introduce more than three guests at any one time. A guest of a member shall not be admitted to the Club premises except in the company of a member. A member shall be responsible for his guest strictly observing the Rules and shall not leave the Club premises before his guest and a guest of a member shall not be supplied with intoxicating liquor in the Club premises unless upon the invitation and in the company of a member. The Management Committee shall reserve the right to exclude without stating a reason, any visitor who in their opinion is undesirable.
32. Intoxicating liquor shall not be supplied to persons who are not members of the Club for consumption outside the premises of the Club. Intoxicating liquor shall not be supplied to members of the Club for consumption outside the premises of the Club except where the liquor is supplied in such quantities and during hours, being hours within the permitted hours, and on such days as the Sub-Divisional Commander for the Police Sub-Division in which the premises are situated, may authorise in writing.
33. No person under the age of 18 years of age will be supplied with dutiable liquor while on the Club premises.
34. Except on special occasions duly authorised, intoxicating liquor shall be supplied each day in the premises of the Club to members and bona-fide guests only between the hours of 11.30am and 11.00pm excluding Sundays, Christmas Day and Good Friday when the hours shall be:-
Christmas Day ¬– 12.03am – 10.00pm
Good Friday – 05.00pm – 11.00pm
Sunday – 12.30pm – 10.00pm
With the exception of bona-fide late licences.
35. There shall be exhibited in a conspicuous part of the Club premises, a statement printed in plain type of the hours during which intoxicating liquor may be supplied on the Club premises.
36. The hours of opening and closing the Club shall be in conformity with the Laws in Northern Ireland applicable to Clubs.
37. Any member damaging or destroying property of the Club by accident or otherwise, shall immediately make good the loss or damage to the satisfaction of the Manage Committee. If the loss or damage is caused by a visitor, the introducing member shall make it good to the satisfaction of the Management Committee.
38. The Management Committee shall have sole authority for the interpretation of these Rules and of Bye-Laws and Regulations made there under and the decision of the Management Committee upon any question or matter affecting the Club not provided in these Rules or Regulations from time to time made there under, shall be final and binding on all members.
39. No notices shall be displayed on any part of the Club premises without the permission of the Management Committee.
40. No member shall take away from the Club or remove from the Club premises any newspaper, pamphlet or other article or property of the Club.
41. All meals must be paid for by the members before leaving the Club Premises. Food and refreshments must not be brought into the Club premises by either members or guests without prior permission of the Management Committee.
42. All complaints shall be made to the Secretary in writing.
43. All members shall make themselves acquainted with the Rules and Regulations of the Club and all alterations, additions and amendments thereto and shall comply therewith at all times and shall be responsible also for ensuring that any visitors introduced by them are also acquainted with and comply with such Rules and Regulations.
44. In these Rules and in any Regulations made by the Management Committee, words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender where the context so requires.
45. The Rules, Bye-Laws and Regulations of the Club (in these Rules referred to as “ The Rules and Regulations of the Club”) may be added to, repealed or amended from time to time by the Management Committee at any meeting, provided the notice convening such a meeting shall have specified the intention to make such addition, repeal or amendment shall be valid if the effect thereof is to involve any contravention of the Registration of Clubs Act (Northern Ireland) involve any contravention of the Registration of Clubs Act (Northern Ireland) 1904 – 1966 the Registration of Clubs (Northern Ireland) Order 1987 or any statutory modification thereof.